Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Johnson Family

This is a picture of my brother Josh, Rachel, and Addie. They are so wonderful, and I feel very blessed to have them as family and to be so close to them! For the past while, Rachel has been trying to get pregnant, and they are now doing adoption. I post about their story because I want to spread the word for any of you that know of someone that is giving their child up for adoption or just anything helpful for their family during this process. They truly are a wonderful family!
Here is their story...told by Rachel.

As many of you know, Josh and I have been trying to conceive for over the past 1 1/2 years. It has been a long, painful, and hopeful time for us. We have been to many doctors and countless visits. We have tested everything possible and tried it all. Last year we did two Artificial Insemination visits. Neither was successful. Then this summer we decided it was time to do Invitro Fertilization (IVF). We were so sure that IVF would work for us because I had gotten pregnant so easily with Addie and my body knew now to be pregnant, obviously. We figured it was a given. But it was not successful either. We were heart broken. All the pain, time, money, hope, and everything that went into that IVF cycle and it didnt work! But one thing helped get us threw it. I still had 2 strong, frozen embryos to use for another cycle. So as soon as my body was back to normal after all the hormones I had to inject into myself, we tried again. And the 2nd time we REALLY thought that it would work. It had to. It was our last shot with IVF for a long time. We prayed so hard. We went to the temple. I got priesthood blessings. This time it had to work. But the phone call I got a few weeks later was a shock. My blood pregnancy test was negative. I held the phone in my hand and couldn't speak. I asked the doctor if there was a mistake and maybe I tested too early. She said no. The test was right. Heart broken. Again. Josh and I tried to pick up the pieces of our hopes for another child. It took awhile to be able to even talk about what we do from there. Now we have decided it is time for us to pursue ADOPTION. We are excited about this new adventure. I know it brings along a lot of stress, hope, worry, ect. But we are ready to continue working towards making our family grow. Whatever it takes. We met with an adoption agency today and got started with them. We are currently working on a TON of paperwork, ect but we are started in the process. This is exciting! So to you, our family and friends. If you ever hear of anyone thinking about or looking into putting a child for adoption. Please think of us. Recommend us. We need to spread the word that we are ready for another precious child in our home to love. Wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I read your brother and sister-in-laws story and it really touched me. I actually work for Heart to Heart Adoption and I truly believe we are one of the best adoption agencies out there. We place in record time and are affordable. I work with some of the best women around who truly love what they do and will be with your brother and sister-in-law throughout the entire process. We do not charge any application fee or any fee's at all until you are matched with a birth mother. If they have any questions they are welcome to call me or my agency directly. Our website is very informative as well http://www.hearttoheartadopt.com/. I wish them both the best of luck!!!

    Jessica Fronce
    801-842-5005

    ReplyDelete
  2. I there! I dont remember how I came onto your blog. But your brother & sister-in-laws story is exactly like my sister & brother-in-law. I know that my sister is always looking for other women to talk to going through the same thing. I thought I would post my sisters blogs here if your sister-in-law ever needs someone to talk to! They too are going the adoption route through LDS & have their profile up now. Good luck to your family!

    http://ourjourneywithinfertility.blogspot.com/

    https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/25188677/ourMessage.jsf

    ReplyDelete